"a lot easier than Launch Services" ?

extern char **environ;
char *args[] = { "-a", "Safari", NULL};
execve("/usr/bin/open", args, environ);

versus:

FSRef app;
if (noErr == LSFindApplicationForInfo(kLSUnknownCreator, NULL, CFSTR("Safari"), &app, NULL))
        LSOpenFSRef(&app, NULL);

Le 2 juil. 08 à 06:45, Jason Coco a écrit :

What env pollution? I agree that exec* isn't really the way to go, but that's what the OP was using... I just suggested that /usr/bin/ open is a better option than hard-coding the path to some arbitrary application. It's also a lot easier to use than the LaunchServices API... although if I were gonna use it, I'd definitely do so from an NSTask object as others have already suggested.