On 05 Jul 08, at 04:23, Sam Jew wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I upgraded to iPhon---

>iPhone development is still under NDA. Wait another week and things
>may change.

Evidently the existence of this bug means I'm not doing any development for
iPhone.

I've seen the NDA excuse trotted out in other forums but don't find it
particularly satisfying.

From the license agreement: "Confidential Information, however, does not
include: (a) information
that is now or subsequently becomes generally available to the public
through no fault or breach on your part; "

I'm sure this qualifies as I can't even compile a new blank project for the
same reason.  (    Failure Reason: ibtool cannot open files of this type.
(.xib))   I also get the same error when attempting to open up any of the .xibs
in Interface Builder.

Even running ibtool from the Unix command line (not iPhone development)
produces the following:

Macintosh:Metronome + Recording!!! samueljew$ ibtool --upgrade MainWindow.xib
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd";>
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>com.apple.ibtool.errors</key>
    <array>
        <dict>
            <key>description</key>
            <string>“MainWindow.xib” could not be handled because ibtool cannot
open files of this type.</string>
            <key>failure-reason</key>
            <string>ibtool cannot open files of this type.</string>
        </dict>
    </array>
</dict>
</plist>

Therefore, there's a number of areas where this particular issue shouldn't fall
under the iPhone NDA, being apparently not specific to the iPhone.

Now when you say wait a week, is this a known technical issue that  Apple is
working on and will have a solution for in a week?  And / or that in a week's
time the NDA will be modified so people will have cause to be less paranoid
about discussing situations like this?