On 05 Jul 08, at 18:39, Sam Jew wrote:
On 05 Jul 08, at 04:23, Sam Jew wrote:
Hi everyone,

I upgraded to iPhon---

iPhone development is still under NDA. Wait another week and things
may change.

Evidently the existence of this bug means I'm not doing any development for iPhone.

I've seen the NDA excuse trotted out in other forums but don't find it particularly satisfying.

I don't find it particularly satisfying either. However, the list moderators have repeatedly stated that discussion of iPhone development is completely off-limits on this list, and I'm really in no position to dispute that.

I'm sure this qualifies as I can't even compile a new blank project for the same reason. ( Failure Reason: ibtool cannot open files of this type. (.xib)) I also get the same error when attempting to open up any of the .xibs in Interface Builder.

Does the same issue occur with newly created Cocoa XIBs, or is it specific to the other kind? For what it's worth, I wasn't able to reproduce your issue with a few newly created XIBs, both of the Cocoa variety and of the kind we can't talk about. My best guess is that what you're seeing is a regression of some sort in the beta SDK you're using, which you should probably report to Apple.