Le 10 juil. 08 à 16:10, I. Savant a écrit :

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 9:49 AM, an0 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks. But isn't it annoying for XCode to pretend to know something
for sure while in fact it is just a wrong guess? At least the warning
is very misleading.

 How is this XCode's fault, exactly? You appear to be blaming the IDE
for the idiosyncrasies of a dynamically-typed language combined with
your own lack of specificity. We'll leave alone the fact that XCode !=
gcc ...

 As far as the warning goes, it isn't misleading at all - it's
telling you exactly what's happening. That it's "alright" in this case
can't be known by anybody but the developer with the information the
compiler has (unspecific type).

--
I.S.

Hey, that a newcomer spells Xcode XCode (instead of Xcode with a lowercase c) is not surprising, but that a guy that lies around for a long time and often gives good advice spell it wrong is not acceptable ;-)