On Jul 20, 2008, at 22:57:12, Scott Anguish wrote:

Nope. That is entirely private.

The reason I had mentioned the animatable properties is because those visuals (including background color and the border) are not scaled the same as your content, since they aren't cached..

Okay, thanks for the info. I think it's clear that I cannot really use CA for my drawing, which is a pity. It seems like it's "really close" to giving me what I want, but in the end, doesn't.

I might still get what I need from CATiledLayer, if the drawing glitches I posted about earlier can be resolved.

Thanks again.

--
Rick