chaitanya pandit wrote:

> You need to call this on the NSTextField's cell:
> setSendsActionOnEndEditing:YES

sendsActionOnEndEditing appears to be ON by default.  And it doesn't affect
pending edits anyway.  The problem is how to cause textDidEndEditing to "fire."

Hence my  suggestion to "makeFirstResponder nil" for the window containing the
text field.

Although Ken Ferry's suggestion

> send one of the -commitEditing... messages
> to the NSController-derived mediating controllers.
> This is part of the NSEditor information protocol.

seems more elegant than my suggestion to just "slam" the window's
firstResponder.

Sincerely,
Joel