On Jul 27, 2008, at 11:31 PM, Jacob Bandes-Storch wrote:
I'm trying to create a Mail-style scroll view, with a view for information (like the view for message headers) above a text view for the content. I created two NSViews in Interface Builder, changed the class of the bottom one to NSTextView,

Is there some reason you didn't drag an NSTextView into the window in the first place?

selected both, and clicked Layout > Embed Objects In > Scroll View.

Are you sure you didn't want a Split View rather than a Scroll View?

If you were trying to create a Mail-like layout, I would have expected your two views to be an NSTableView and an NSTextView, both embedded in a Split View.

--Andy