On Jul 28, 2008, at 10:11 AM, Graham Cox wrote:
I suspect Mail just uses a single NSTextView and just arranges the header text using custom text attributes, etc. Maybe someone at Apple reading this would know for sure.

I guessed that too, but a look at the nib file in Mail.app indicates otherwise. I wonder if it *used* to be a single NSTextView -- I seem to remember Command-A used to select the message *and* headers, though it doesn't now.

--Andy