On 30 Jul '08, at 9:51 PM, Sumner Trammell wrote:

but it doesn't work.  I get *** -[MyDocument window]: unrecognized
selector sent to instance 0x1613ab30 in the run log.

aSender is the WebView in the main window.
self is the MyDocument object, and it has a window outlet that I can
see when I right-click the File's Owner in IB.

Look at your code. You tried to send -window to a MyDocument object, which is a subclass of NSDocument:

[[self window] addChildWindow:[aSender window] ordered:NSWindowAbove];

There is no such method (because documents can have multiple windows, so there's no sensible result.)

You must have gotten a warning about this at compile time. *Do not ignore such warnings*. They should be treated as error messages because, nearly always, they indicate a situation that will throw an exception at runtime, causing your app to fail. I recommend turning on the "treat warnings as errors" build config checkbox.

—Jens