Thanks Graham.

I'm beginning to wonder if this will work at all?  It just occurred to
me that every time I click a popup-type link in my webView, that popup
is itself a new instance of MyDocument.  I don't see how I could add
that popup window as a child of the main window when they are separate
document instances.  I hope I am looking at this wrong.

A few sanity checks:

aSender is the child webView
[aSender window] is the child webView's window
theDocument is the child webView's document
[[theDocument webView] window] is the child webView's document's
window (say that fast!)

self is the parent document (class MyDocument)
[self webView] is the parent document's webView
[[self webView] window] is the parent document's webView's window

In my mind, I want to add the child window to the parent one:

[[[self webView] window] addChildWindow:[[theDocument webView] window]
ordered:NSWindowAbove];

I'll try this shortly.

Thanks,
-s