On Aug 29, 2008, at 11:01 AM, Martin Stoufer wrote:

I am able to set the initial height/width of the NSTextContainer object of a NSTextView object in IB. However, I cannot find any method that will allow the programmatic re-sizing of the container when the text I'm adding exceeds this size.

Don't do this. NSTextView handles this automatically for you. See / Developer/Examples/AppKit/TextSizingExample for examples of various different ways to set up a text view depending on how you want it to resize vertically, horizontally, etc. If the width is fixed and you just want the container to size properly vertically, you don't need to do anything; the stock NSTextView you create in IB should be fine.

Douglas Davidson