On Sep 2, 2008, at 12:41 PM, Gordon Hughes wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  I'll submit the radar later today.

I'm still curious about elliptical paths and 360 degree arcs. Do they always start/end on horizontals, or is there something that I'm overlooking to have the path start at an arbitrary point?

Sorry, I'm not exactly sure how those functions work. If you want complete control over the created path you can use the primitive operations: CGPathMoveToPoint, CGPathAddLineToPoint, CGPathAddCurveToPoint, CGPathAddQuadCurveToPoint and CGPathCloseSubpath. Everything else will be decomposed into some list of those. You can also use the CGPathApply function to inspect what primitives your paths actually consist of.

        John