On 10 Sep 08, at 23:29, Georg Seifert wrote:
That what exactly what I was looking after. I think it would be not to strange in the context where it occurs in my app.

The normal selection behavior is for selecting the active layer in my view. The additional checkbox should allow to blend in/out the other layers.

I couldn’t think of a better/more intuitive way to achieve this.

My unsolicited advice: Don't use a popup menu; embed the table view in a palette. Popup menus with multiple controls in them are not a standard UI component, and are likely to generate significant user confusion. (Doubly so when there's two levels of checked-ness involved.)