Hi,

thank you very much again for your quick answer, Jean-Daniel.

> In theorie, you can safely call NSApplicationLoad()

I allready do.

> ... create you own auto release pool

I allready do. And then I call this function (within subclass of NSWindowController):

- (void)showModalDialog
{
        NSApplication *_app;
        NSWindow *_window;

        [self showWindow:nil];
        _app = [NSApplication sharedApplication];
        _window = [self window];
        [_app runModalForWindow:_window];
}

The modal dialog (displayed this way) blocks everything - it is not possible to close the modal dialog, hit any button or something else.

For me it seems that the NSApplication:: runModalForWindow blocks all.
So what I am searching for is to display the modal dialog without NSApplication.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Ness