On Sep 19, 2008, at 11:55 PM, brodhage wrote:

No - there is still one minor problem: if I hide the carbon application and activate it again then my modal window is updated. But not the current modal dialog of the carbon application (which calls my modal dialog via user action).

Yes - I know. It is not good practice to show two modal dialogs. But this is the way the carbon application is doing it. And I can not change this.

Any ideas how I can "send" a update to the carbon application?

Probably the Carbon app is using the older classic Mac OS style of handling updates for its Carbon dialog, rather than the modern Carbon events style. If that's the case, there's really nothing you can do. If the Carbon app used Carbon event handlers then this should just work automatically.

-eric