Hello,

I am trying to convert the following from Javascript to Cocoa ObjC:

var retVal = Math.round(cornerSize*(1-Math.cos(Math.asin(i/ cornerSize))));

return retVal;

Now retVal _must_ be an int, because the value is used as a margin attribute ("rounding" corners of divs).

This is what I've got:

Variables i, cornerSize are passed to the function from a for loop. i being the counter for the loop, cornerSize being the size of corner desired by the user.

        float retVal;

        retVal = cornerSize*(1-cos(asin(i/cornerSize)));

        return (int)retVal;

Obviously, I'm no whiz at ObjC, and the fact that this keeps return '0' has got me stumped.

At first I thought it was some stupid mistake I made translating the formula, but I tested a few things and now I'm not so sure.

sin(90); returns 0 as well. When I use Apple's Calculator and ask it to tell me the result of sin(90), it gives me 1.

What what whaaaaat?

Do I need to import something for this to work? Am I not tilting my head in the correct direction while typing my code?

I'm pretty stuck here, and would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Mike

Errors have occurred.
We won't tell you where or why.