On Oct 8, 2008, at 11:02 AM, Christian Giordano wrote:

After drawing the shapes, I do pixel operations, of course.

Are these pixel operations not something which can be accomplished by changing the way you draw, for example using compositing modes? Alternatively, do you have access to Core Image and does it do what you need? Another thing to look at might be vImage.

For this
reason I create a bitmap context and after the drawing I get the
CGImageRef generated, I copy the pixels, I modify the pixels and then
I create a new image

If you've created a bitmap context, then you should already own the backing bitmap data buffer. You can just manipulate it directly without making a copy (via a CGImage).

Cheers,
Ken