On Oct 31, 2008, at 11:33 AM, Matt Long wrote:

Look at overriding the layer transition. You can use a page curl filter, if that's your desired effect, to transition changes to the layer's content property.

- Create a CATransition object.
- Create a CIFilter that implements a page curl (Check out Apple's Core Image Filters docs and sample code).
- Set the transition object's filter parameter to your CIFilter
- Add the transtion to the layer actions for the key "content"

Then, whenever you set your layer's content parameter to the next image, it will use that transition instead of the default fade. This of course assumes that you know you need to convert your NSImages to CGImageRefs first since the content property cannot be set with an NSImage. Let me know if you need clarification.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the information.

I guess that is part of my confusion. I don't want any effects or transitions. I just want to play back my frames (like at 30 frames per second)....

Thanks,

Jeshua Lacock
Founder/Programmer
3DTOPO Incorporated