Hi,

I want to try Localization of a XIB, but I have problems:

I have the following Equipment:

        - MacOS 10.5.5
        - MacOS is runnig in German
        - System-Preference Languages are (in order): German, English,...
        - XCode 3.1.1

I make the following steps:

1. I Make a new Cocoa-Application project
2. I open the English-MainMenue.xib (doubleclick in Xcode starts Interfacebuilder) and put a label "my English text" into the window. Save it, Close IB. 3. In XCode I use "Get Info" of the English-MainMenue.xib and add Localization for German. 4. I open the English-MainMenue.xib (doubleclick in Xcode starts Interfacebuilder). I use "Open Localization" to get to the German- MainMenue.xib. Here I change the label to "my German text". Save it. Close IB. 5. Build and run my application. Starting my App I get the label "my English text", but my prefered language is German!!

Additional steps.

6. I create in the group Resources a File Localizable.strings. I write into it:
   "myHello" = "Englisch Hello";
7. In XCode I use "Get Info" of the Localizable.strings , use " make Localizeable" and "add Localization " for German.
8. I change the content of the german Localizable.string to
   "myHello" = "German Hallo";
9. I put the following line into my main.m:
    NSLog(NSLocalizedString(@"myHello",nil));
10 I build and run my application again. The results are:

     - in my application window there is still "my English text"
     - but in the console  window I found "German Hallo"!!!!

So it seems clear to me that my created application "knows" that it should use the german localization, but it uses the wrong localization of the XIB files.

Any clues about the mistake I made?

Regards

Roman Fischer