On Nov 22, 2008, at 6:38 PM, Kyle Sluder wrote:

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 9:20 PM, Steve Christensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
In IB I created a NSPopUpButton configured as pulldown with a static menu. I bound its selectedTag binding to a method on my window controller. (I also tried binding selectedIndex with the same results.) When I run my code and select various of the items in the button's menu, none of the items are shown as checked. Or if one of the menu items was left "selected" in IB from
when items were added to the menu, that item is permanently checked.

You bound "selectedTag" to a method?  Bindings are done to keypaths.
Of course, they key can be implemented using KVO-compliant accessor
and mutator methods -- is this how you have done it?

Sorry, I was inaccurate. Yes, I specified that the NSPopupButton's selectedTag binding will get/set its value based on a key path associated with my window controller class (also nib file owner). In my particular case, the binding is to a getter/setter pair of methods since I have to do a little more than simply getting or setting an instance variable.

When I click on the popup and change the selection, the result I'm seeing is that my controller's setter method is being called, that the popup's selected item index is being changed correctly (at least NSLog says so), but that the currently selected menu item isn't checked.

steve