I second the printed material. Search for menu implementations as a way to get started. Also, a book like Hillegass' "Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X Third Edition" is a good place to start.

However, for expedience's sake, here's a kick start with but one way to open another window from a seperate nib (you will need to know how to create a controller class, etc., for the other nib):

In your implementation header file add (near the top, under the imports):

@class MyNextWindowControllerClass;

In the same file, add in your implementation section:

MyNextWindowControllerClass *myNextWindow;

In your implementation file add (under the main imports)
#import "<MyNextWindowControllerClass.h>"

In your code that the button will call:

- (IBAction)showMyNextWindow:(id)sender
{
     // myNextWindow nil?
        if (!myNextWindow)
        {
                // create a new needle window
                myNextWindow = [[MyNextWindowController alloc] init];
        }
        // display the window
        [myNextWindow showWindow:self];
}

This may not be the absolute best way but it does work.

Do review the calls, etc., as I'm sure you'll have follow-on questions.

Peace, Love, and Light,

/s/ Jon C. Munson II

Quoting Shraddha Karwan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Thanks for the reply but I have gone through this tutorial, it doesn't talk
about advanced stuff of adding multiple windows and the nib files, file
owners etc in detail.