On Dec 12, 2008, at 10:02 AM, David Blanton wrote:

How do I keep the first row in a table view from being selected when the table first loads?

The issue is that to get a selection did change for the first row I have to first select a different row because the first row is 'auto selected' when the table first loads.

You probably have it set to always maintain a selection. This is somewhat of a bug; if tableview is maintaing the selection, then it should send you the notification. Please do log a bug, especially if you have a test case.

Ideally, on program startup, you should explicitly select a particular row, and then perform some action based on that (probably the same action you would do when the selection changes). This way you can always ensure your app is properly setup like you expect. Plus, you may want to restore the last state that was set in the app.

corbin