> Yikes! I hope you realize that for some of us of a certain computing
> era, this statement looks quite strange. As if you said, perhaps, that
> you were prone to reducing your fuel consumption by going back to
> driving a Hummer.

Yes, I realize that. Particularly for those who are only familiar with "old
style" C++.

> TBH (and more to the point) I strongly suspect it's true of everyone
> who's expressed an opinion in this thread that it's not so much about
> the suitability of the language to optimizations, but more about the
> skill set of the individual with regard to the language.

Well, there is a degree of efficiency that can be had with C++ classes that
simply cannot be had with Objective-C classes. It is a degree of efficiency
that is not often required, but just as you can't "rewrite Cocoa in C++" as
we've seen demanded by people who don't really understand Objective-C,
there's levels of efficiency that in C++ can be combined with high-level
abstractions, but in Objective-C would require raw C.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_r...@killerbytes.com