On Jan 23, 2009, at 7:10 AM, fc...@dialup4less.com wrote:

I would like to:
1) Encrypt/Encode a SQLite DB file from the command line (or via an application) and 2) De-Encrypt/Decode the same SQLite DB from within Cocoa/iPhone via a key of some sort.

Scenario:
I'm developing a game using data values stored within a SQLite DB file. I don't want hackers to pry into the DB file and cheat the game; yet I need to occasionally update the SQLite DB file via
importing MS Excel data.

I'm thinking of encypting the DB file that is stored with the Application Bundle, then programmatically de-code it within a working directory to glean the contents; then remove the de-coded SQLite DB file.

So the game data is stored as an encrypted SQLite DB file within the bundle, to be de-encrypted upon
game startup to load the environment variables.

Any (simple) ideas?

What about storing it on an encrypted disk image?