On Jan 23, 2009, at 9:41 AM, fc...@dialup4less.com wrote:

Environment: iPhone

I'm particularly concerned with 'data viewing'.
Think of the data as answers to a quiz.   I worry that some
hacker could copy & distribute the data (rules) on the internet, and in essence,
cheat  the game.

Being that "... iPhone is far more restrictive towards tampering...",
Is it still possible to grab the SQLite DB file from the bundle to view its (uncoded) data? If not, then there's no need to encrypt the SQLite DB file within the App Bundle.

Also consider the iPhone backup with iTunes onto the Mac. Not sure how difficult those archives are to crack, or whether any attempt has even been made to prevent it.

Best,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.