On Mar 5, 2009, at 2:47 PM, Benjamin Stiglitz wrote:

I have a need to use poseAsClass, but I see that it has been deprecated
in 10.5 and won't be available for 64-bit applications.

So, is there a replacement?

WAYTTD: What are you trying to do? Maybe you don’t need to pose.

Well, sadly, I am pretty sure I do...at least for now.

Although, this bug is not quite confirmed yet, but I suspect I know what the problem is.

I am working on a Carbon -> Cocoa conversion. In the carbon part, the cursor is being set to a 64x64 cursor constantly - via NSCursor set. The problem comes when I move the cursor over a cocoa view which I believe, by default, changing the cursor to what it wants - which I believe is a 32x32 cursor.

So, in the constantly fighting over what the cursor should be, there is some weird cursor behavior...it flickers - moves quickly to a nearby location and then back again.

I figure I could write my own NSCursor subclass, pose it as the normal NSCursor class and make sure that it is always trying to set cursor in the same way in every situation.

Yes, I know, this isn't a good situation any way you slice it...but I need a quick fix and poseAsClass: seems to be the best option - assuming the bug is what I think it is.