Raleigh,

Ahhh. Certainly I was suspecting that the some other class wanted to deal
with the key equivelant.

> That's because Cmd-A is a key equivalent. The "Select All" Edit menu item gets
> triggered for you. I don't understand what you mean by "uneditable" table
> view. Editable and selectable are 2 different things and editable has no
> meaning in this case. NSTableView will select everything in response to the
> edit menu provided that you tell the tableview to allowsMultipleSelection (in
> IB) and your delegate doesn't prevent the selection via
> tableView:selectionIndexesForProposedSelection:.

I started down this "select all" path, cuz when I tried the Cmd-A key-equiv
in my application, all I got was a beep. I then assumed that I needed to
deal w/ Cmd-A myself, since I had overridden keyDown:

When I said "uneditable", I was referring to the "Table Column attributes"
cuz I had un-checked the "Editable" box to disallow any editting. I was
thinking that maybe that had some effect on the Cmd-A operation.

Note that I do *not* have an Edit menu at all in this application. And the
multiple selection *is* enabled for the table view. In fact, for the table
view "Selection" I have Multiple, Column, Empty, Type Select all checked.

> If you want the tableview to allow a select all, why would you want to prevent
> the user from independently selecting multiple items?

That was not the objective; in fact, multiple selection (via the mouse) is
working just fine and as expected. I was simply surprised that Cmd-A was not
working.

As you can probably tell, I am tromping in a lot of new territory...

Comments appreciated,

-harry