On Mar 22, 2009, at 6:26 PM, Gmail wrote:
Is there anyone who is aware how this was accomplished by the other bridges or if I can force IB to not instantiate the classes, or maybe replace the instance with my own? It seems like I need a way to access the instances of those classes inside the nib but I don't think that can be done. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

RubyCocoa and PyObjC work by creating the class before the NIB is loaded. From your description, it sounds like your bridge doesn't support subclassing. If so, that'll make your bridge considerably more difficult to integrate with Cocoa.

b.bum