Le 7 avr. 09 à 18:32, Michael Ash a écrit :

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Jo Phils <jo_p...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello,

My apologies if this has been answered before but isn't there a simple way to get the file size as it shows under Size in Finder without using Carbon and without enumerating the directory? My understanding is NSFileSize will not do it?

Can I ask why "without using Carbon" is a requirement? Using Carbon
won't destroy your program and won't give you a strange disease. It
won't even hurt your 64-bit compatibility; the only part of Carbon
that went away for 64-bit is HIToolbox, the GUI bits. If it does what
you want in a reasonable fashion then you ought to use it.

Probably for ecological reasons. Trying to reduce Carbon emission is the trend ;-)