I don't have an answer for you, but I'd like to mention that I've also
experienced some strange issues with the ObjectAlloc tool. Last night
I was seeing an NSWindow that was released to the point that it would
have a retain count of -10 and I'm not sure how thats possible. It
seems, to me at least, that ObjectAlloc is either really buggy or its
output is very unintuitive. Or, of course, it could just be me :)

David