Very interesting, I'll give all that a shot and report back. Thanks so much!

On Apr 24, 2009, at 7:07 PM, Peter N Lewis <pe...@stairways.com.au> wrote:

On 25/04/2009, at 8:28 , Miles wrote:
I just mean that I'm adding some labels and images to the view. I have
quadruple checked that they are all being released, but I must be
overlooking something.

I doubt its your issue, but I recently had a problem like this that took me far too long to track down.

The debugging technique I used was to override retain/release/ autorelease and dealloc and have them just call NSLog and super, then set a breakpoint on each, add a backtrace "bt" debugging command and set them to auto-continue.

Eventually, after much hair pulling I tracked it down to my removeFromSuperview override neglecting to call super - ouch!

But one technique for finding this might be to make a trivial subclass of UIImage that does the above and use it for logo.

One other possibility would be - does UIImage cache images created with initWithContentsOfFile? The tehcnique above might tell you if thats what is happening, because you should see UIImage system code adding it to an array/dictiuonary/set and not releasing it later.

Enjoy,
  Peter.

--
    Run macros from your iPhone with Keyboard Maestro Control!
        or take a break with Derzle for your iPhone

Keyboard Maestro <http://www.keyboardmaestro.com/> Macros for your Mac
Aragom Space War <http://www.stairways.com/iphone/aragom> Don't get killed! Derzle <http://www.stairways.com/iphone/derzle> Enjoy a relaxing puzzle.
<http://www.stairways.com/>           <http://download.stairways.com/>

This email sent to vardpeng...@gmail.com