On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 1:13 AM, Erg Consultant
<erg_consult...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Apple's doc's specifically say to stay away from using the "CString" routines
> which require encodings. So now the encoding issue goes away. The problem is
> LSOpenApplication() does not like the FSRef I pass it which gets created from
> the path NSString->CFURL->FSRef.

They state the opposite. They say to stay away from the ones which do
NOT require encodings. That's because the ones without encodings use
the "system encoding" which is not guaranteed to be anything useful.
The ones with encodings require you to specify them yourself and are
therefore just fine.

Mike