On 2009 Apr 28, at 11:41, Ryan Briones wrote:

Sorry for not using the proper terminology. I have a table view whose columns are bound to an array controller (Controller Key: arrangedObjects, Model Key Path: name, etc) and the array controller is bound

You didn't say which binding.  Should be the 'value' binding.

to shared user defaults (Controller key: values, Model Key Path: arrayOfThings). Also I have a button that send add: to the array controller and a button that sends delete: and "Enabled" is bound to canRemove: on the array controller. Seems like pretty standard setup from what I can tell.

Yes, it is. Sorry to be picking nits but what you've described is very similar to what I have done. The answer is going to be in a nit.

Add an item to your table, then gracefully quit your application. Open the file ~/Library/Preferences/com.myCompany.MyApp.plist with a plist editor and look at arrayOfThings.