Hi. I've got a popup button with a bunch of GMT offsets configured in IB, and bound via selectedTag to an NSArrayController's selection's gmtOffset property. Each item in the menu has a tag value set. The binding is properly setting the values of the selection, even if multiply selected, and the popup properly updates as the selection changes.

I'd like to display some custom text in that popup when there are multiple values in the selection. But I'm pretty sure I need to specify a tag value in the "Multiple Values Placeholder" field in IB (under the selectedTag binding of the NSPopupButton), but I don't want to create an item in the popup menu just for this value; that would imply (and allow) the user could select it, which wouldn't make sense.

What's the right way to do this?

TIA,
--
Rick