On 18-May-09, at 5:02 PM, I. Savant wrote:

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:

Thank you for some reply. If I could tell that my message had appeared on the list, I wouldn't have re-posted. My list settings are set to send me copies of my own posts, and I also searched the archives. My post doesn't
show up, and I never received a copy of it.

 Hmm ... strange. It shows up in cocoabuilder.com:

http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/message/cocoa/2009/5/18/236989

CocoaBuilder is an excellent way to see if your message got propagated because it is external to our server here at Apple. If you ask on the admin address (and I see you did, I'm just getting to those now) that's where I check.

 ... but a search by subject didn't find it either. I just did a
browser-text-search of the home page for the archive (not a site
search).

 FWIW, the "send me a copy of my own posts" has *never* worked for
me. Don't know why.

I'm not clear on this either. I'll try and find out. I know that I get copies of my messages on my non-Apple account (which is of course entirely unhelpful to anyone who doesn't.)

BTW, list issues like this are best handled through the admin address below. Yes, it may take longer to get a response from just me (depending on workload), but it means that 8000 others aren't also getting copies. Also, there is no guarantee that I'll tweak to an list issue in a thread about multiplevalue placeholders for NSPopupButton's selectedTag binding.