Thanks Keary, this works, however it requires that the same binding is repeated in each nib where the same list should be handled (some views may only need to show it while others can also modify it). I was thinking of creating a "master" set of controllers in the main nib, then bind the "slave" controllers in particular view nib file to the values from the corresponding master controller. Is that possible, or is it not how bindings should be used?

Tom