Greetings everyone,
Having just finished my first WWDC and I am re-energized to get back into some deep development cycles again. As to how 1 week could be so grueling and satisfying at the same time, we may never know. With all the new functionality (APIs) to be provided in 10.6 and for the iPhone 3.0, I wonder if it would be worth having some frank discussion on if now is a good time to split off from this list some more focused discussion lists.

While this list is working great (IMHO) as a help forum for both rookie and seasoned developers alike, I just can't seem to find any other Apple maintained list that meets the needs for a more technical forum for both Cocoa and Cocoa-touch.

I was part of many discussions that revolved not around demanding new features per-se', but more of hashing things out among developers and engineers in order to get something coherent to submit as a Radar or Enhancement/Bug report. It would be nice to have someplace formal to capture, nurture, and clarify these discussions. Many an engineer would be open to a given request if concrete examples/solid business cases could be provided to support the request. Of course, these lists are not expected to replace the aforementioned submission pipelines, nor are they designed to drive the direction Apple moves wrt development of their software.

Ultimately this decision is up to the list owner. This request is put out for open discussion to see if indeed there is any interest in moving forward.

--
* Martin C. Stoufer              *
* DIDC/DSD/ITG                   *