On Jun 23, 2009, at 12:44 PM, Anders Lassen wrote:

To clarify this and my original question: It is easy to find infomation about how to get a fonts ascent and descent, but I cant find any info about getting ascent/descent fot individual glyphs.

  I'm not sure if this is correct, but looking at this:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/FontHandling/Tasks/GettingFontMetrics.html

... seems to indicate that performing the correct rectangle math using the font's -lineHeight, -ascender, and -descender methods combined with the bounding rect of the glyph should give you a remainder rectangle whose height is your answer.

--
I.S.