Alternatively you could use NSNib which allows you to explicitly specify the bundle. In addition, when instantiating the nib using NSNib, you can get the top level objects to send a release message to match the implicit retain. For more info, check out the resource programming guide:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/LoadingResources/CocoaNibs/CocoaNibs.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/10000051i-CH4-SW28

Kevin