On 1 Jul 2009, at 09:21, Debajit Adhikary wrote:

I have an area of a Window (in my MainMenu.xib) which I'd like to populate dynamically with unrelated "views" such as an NSTable, IKImageBrowserView etc. at different points of time depending on some user-selected criteria.

- How do I define this area of the window such that it can be "replaced"
  with different views?

Stick an NSView in the gap, add an outlet to your controller, and connect it up.

- How do I attach a table or some other view to this area of the window?

Using add/removeSubview:

(Is it enough to place a generic NSView there and add a subview each time?
I'm fairly new to Cocoa, so any pointers are welcome)

Yes -- at least that's what I do, if I'm doin it rong, hopefully someone will tell me :)

Bob