Quincey;

Do you in fact have a "code" property? On the app delegate? What's
does it's @property (or accessor prototype) look like?

The 'code' property is declared on an entity: MyEntity.
The accessors were created by XCode itself using the 'Copy Method Declaration/Implementation to Clipboard'

- (NSString *)code {
   NSString * tmpValue;
   [self willAccessValueForKey: @"code"];
   tmpValue = [self primitiveValueForKey: @"code"];
   [self didAccessValueForKey: @"code"];
   return tmpValue;
}

- (void)setCode:(NSString *)value {
   [self willChangeValueForKey: @"code"];
   [self setPrimitiveValue: value forKey: @"code"];
   [self didChangeValueForKey: @"code"];
}

The accessors work because the table is sorted when first presented.
Sorted according to the sortDescriptor which is declared in MyAppDelegate and bound using IB to MyArrayController.
SortDescriptor is, of course, an NSArray - which is also named 'code'.
Furthermore this all works peachy in a Release build on either Tiger or Leopard.
Clicking on tableColumn headers sort just as expected.

But not in Debug build - In Debug if I click on table column header I get thrown into an error: Error setting value for key path value of object <MyAppDelegate: 0x852600> (from bound object <MyArrayController: 0x3cbe30>[entity:MyEntity, number of selected objects: 1](null)): [< MyAppDelegate 0x852600> setValue:forUndefinedKey:]:

Steve