On Jul 2, 2009, at 19:51, Steve Cronin wrote:

SortDescriptor is, of course, an NSArray - which is also named 'code'.

Huh? Does the matching name mean something about the MyEntity "code" property?

Furthermore this all works peachy in a Release build on either Tiger or Leopard.
Clicking on tableColumn headers sort just as expected.

But not in Debug build - In Debug if I click on table column header I get thrown into an error: Error setting value for key path value of object <MyAppDelegate: 0x852600> (from bound object <MyArrayController: 0x3cbe30>[entity:MyEntity, number of selected objects: 1](null)): [< MyAppDelegate 0x852600> setValue:forUndefinedKey:]:

When debugging weird bindings errors, I found it impossibly confusing if the property names weren't unique. It might be worthwhile, if you want to track this problem down, to change the app delegate "code" to something else. Also note that there's a property named "value" mentioned in the error message. Is there really a property of that name?

Possibly your best strategy at this point would be put a setValue:forUndefinedKey override in your app delegate, that calls super, just so you can set a breakpoint there and look at the backtrace when things go wrong.