Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 9, 2009, at 10:04 AM, Bill Bumgarner <b...@mac.com> wrote:

On Jul 9, 2009, at 2:46 AM, Julien Isorce wrote:
I am trying to isolate this difference in order to avoid to run the main
loop in the main thread.

Don't bother. Cocoa is quite explicitly designed to not support event processing on any thread other than the main thread. No amount of "trying to isolate" Cocoa functionality into a thread will make it work.

To empasize this point. Consider, for example, the method performSelectorOnMainThread:. We use this API in several place to ensure that functionality is performed on the same thread that is processing user events. If code were able to change the thread responsible for handling events willy-nilly, that kind of functionality would break badly.