On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Julien Isorce<julien.iso...@gmail.com> wrote:
> you are enterely right so then we are moving to the other solution: bypass
> NSApp,
> making a classic NSRunLoop but add to it the ability to perform/handle the
> events that the NSApp usually is the only one able to do.
>
> I am open to any solution, even if it requires to have only one plugin which
> has the "main thread" (=only one plugin based on Cocoa)

I just took a break and went swimming, and while I was swimming I
pondered the question, "What is REALLY Julien's problem?" I think I
figured it out!

I bet you ALREADY have a plugin written in GNUstep working on Linux or
some other platform. You were hoping you could just recompile the
plugin on OS X and it would work here too. But as we've been trying to
tell you, there is no way this will ever work.

But MacPorts lets you build GNUstep for OS X! So, if this is your
situation, the way to make this all work is compile GNUstep for OS X,
and link your app against it like you would in Linux.