On Jul 27, 2009, at 2:22 AM, Andy Lee wrote:
I guess I'd ask the question we often ask about coding questions: What are you really trying to do? It sounds like the problem is that Windows users accustomed to MDI get visually confused by multiple windows from different apps overlapping each other willy- nilly. One simple solution to that is Command-Option-H to hide all other apps; there's even a utility out there that will do this for you automatically when you switch apps. There are also utility apps that place a dark gray background between your app's windows and all other apps' windows.

And of course there's also Spaces.

--Andy