On 28/07/2009, at 6:09 PM, Kyle Sluder wrote:

Please don't spread misinformation about Windows, it makes us look bad. Windows' concept of a window is very different from our concept thereof. Nothing restricts Windows apps to one window or enforces a window = process equality.

Well, OK, I apologise if it was. I'm not and never have been to any serious extent a Windows programmer - but I did do a week's training (at someone else's insistence and expense) on "Advanced Systems Programming for Windows" in about 1998, and this was one of the first things we were told in the introductory session. It's probably the one thing I can recall from it, so if it's wrong, that's a week I'll never get back...

 --Graham