I have a master controller loading a window controller subclass, but for some reason, I cannot get a pointer to the window loaded in the XIB file. I've looked at every connection, and I've also tested the order by of method calls.

In the window controller's init:
[self window] yields nothing.

Likewise in awakeFromNib and windowDidLoad.

It's totally mysterious because I have practically identical setups in two other programs, the only difference being that they used nib files and this is xib. But from what I understand, that shouldn't matter.

For what it's worth, in the XIB file, the window outlet goes to File's Owner (the window controller subclass). The window contains a table, and (unsurprisingly) [myTable window] also yields nothing.

Eventually the window does load, but only in its basic nib-drawn form, ignoring all of the initialization that the controller is supposed to do except for two text fields, which do for some reason get initialized.

I've spent hours checking connections and stepping through code. Does anyone have a suggestion where I can look to track down this issue.

Thanks.