On 6 Aug 2009, at 09:27, James Lin wrote:

Is this my best option given what I want to accomplish?

Thanks in advance...

Stepping back a little bit. Are you trying to build some sort of real time messaging service? Or does it matter if the second phone doesn't receive the message straight away?

Have you considered sending an SMS message from one phone to the other?

Actually scratch that, there's no official iPhone SMS API according to Google.

Or what about setting up a mail server? iPhone 1 sends the message using SMTP and iPhone 2 retrieves it using IMAP.

James

This email sent to a...@jeremyp.net