On Aug 6, 2009, at 10:37 AM, Matteo Manferdini wrote:

What I discovered is that in the first case the hashes are the same
for the model and the store, while in the second case the model has
lost a lot of metadata in the versioning process. Along with my
entities there are also other entities listed in the hashes (to name a
few: CalDAVCalendar, CalendarChangeRequest, LocalGroup, etc). These
entities hashes are lost in the versioned model, while my entities
hashes remain the same.

Any idea of why this is happening? It seems to me that this is an XCode bug.

It's unlikely to be a bug.
When you merge your models at runtime, you're including models from other frameworks. Make sure you only include your app's model by specifying the main bundle in mergedModelFromBundles:...
Which OS version are you using?

mmalc