On Aug 16, 2009, at 11:22 AM, Squ Aire wrote:

Just to make it clear: The whole userInfo dictionary will tend to NOT be "garbage". Only a subset of key-value pairs within the userInfo dictionaries for the employees will be "garbage". I want to get rid of this subset without bothering the user in any way.

Therefore, the attribute must persist and transient properties will not work in this case. I hope my problem is clearer now.

  About as clear as mud, but slightly clearer mud. ;-)

Read:

You're going to have to "come clean" as it were. If you want suggestions for a good way to handle this, there's no way to get good ones unless you describe exactly what this user info is for, what kind of information it is, how it's used, what causes some of its values to become "garbage", etc. Also, how many "Employee"s will have their userInfo modified in a session? Have you specifically tested the performance? Again, how exactly is this deletion/cleanup implemented? What persistent store type are you using (this makes a HUGE difference)? Just to demonstrate the significance of this question, I'll ask it for the third time in this thread (and the second in this message): HAVE YOU TESTED PERFORMANCE? If so, where's the data?

The answers to these questions (and I'm sure a few more) directly dictate the answer(s) to *your* question. This is not something for which a general answer will suffice, so you need to *be specific*.

Seriously, if you're not going to answer the specific, pointed questions about performance, implementation, and your data access patterns, nobody can (or will continue trying to) help you. Nobody likes repeating themselves when taking the time to help someone for free ... ;-)

--
I.S.